The muddled mission is a very pretty, gin-based cocktail that features fresh strawberry and elderflower liqueur. The resulting flavours are sweet, fruit forward, floral, vibrant, and with a light herbal undertone. I see this as a lovely summer cocktail, perfect for enjoying the sweet, ripe strawberries of the season. Then again, I could see myself enjoying it any time of the year.
If you love strawberry cocktails, I think you're going to love some others I have on my site, such as the ストロベリー・フィールド・カクテル with its delicious infusion of balsamic. Or, the heart-shaped box with the perfect amount of cinnamon.
- ジン - For this cocktail to stay true to form, it is important to use a gin with a juniper-based flavour profile. The creator developed the muddled mission using Anchor Junipero gin. However, a common household brand substitute for this would be Tanqueray dry gin.
- Strawberry - I really like this cocktail to have a bold and fruity strawberry flavour on top, so I recommend using quite a large strawberry, or two smaller ones.
- St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur - I reduced the amount of elderflower liqueur from the original by half to avoid making the cocktail overly floral and sweet. I much prefer this version.
- Yellow Chartreuse - The little bit of Yellow Chartreuse in this cocktail adds such a huge amount of depth. This herbaceous French liqueur is a key component in making this cocktail what it is.
- Garnish - A tiny strawberry makes the cutest garnish for this cocktail. Otherwise, opt for some pretty florals. Or do both!
To make the muddled mission cocktail, use a muddler to mash the strawberry into a purée in your cocktail shaker. Then add in the gin, elderflower liqueur, yellow chartreuse, and freshly squeezed lemon juice, along with a few ice cubes. Shake well for about twenty seconds. Strain into a coupe glass before, optionally, garnishing with a small strawberry and/or some tiny flowers.
You will need a cocktail shaker, a muddler, and a cocktail strainer to make the muddled mission. All of these and more are found in this カクテルバーセット that I use. You will also need a シャンパングラス に注いでできあがりです。
This cocktail was developed by Joaquín Simó in 2008 for the famous Death & Co cocktail bar in New York. It is featured in their highly acclaimed cocktail book of the same name.印刷
The muddled mission is bright and lively with fresh fruit and floral notes. If you enjoy strawberry and gin, you will like this cocktail.
1 large strawberry
1 ½ オンス Tanqueray dry gin (or another juniper-based gin)
½ オンス St. Germain elderflower liqueur *
¼ オンス Yellow Chartreuse
¾ オンス 搾りたてのレモン汁
strawberry (optional garnish)
Use a muddler to mash the strawberry into a purée in your cocktail shaker.
Add in the gin, elderflower liqueur, yellow chartreuse, and freshly squeezed lemon juice, along with a few ice cubes.
Shake well for about twenty seconds. Then strain into a シャンパングラス to serve.
Optionally, garnish with a small strawberry and/or some tiny flowers.
* The original recipe calls for 1 oz of St. Germain liqueur, however, I found this to be much too sweet.
This cocktail was developed by Joaquín Simó in 2008 for the famous Death & Co cocktail bar in New York. It is featured in the デス・アンド・コーに掲載されました。, their highly acclaimed cocktail recipe cook.
- カロリー: 9
- 糖質: 9.4 g
- 塩分: 0.3 mg
- 脂質: 0.1 g
- 炭水化物: 10.6 g
- タンパク質: 0.2 g
- コレステロール: 0 mg
キーワード: muddled mission cocktail, muddled mission